If you want to run ACME News on your own site without the ads, you can
license it for $500 per site, with no limit on the number of users.
That gets you the software including full source code, plus one year of
updates and support.
You can get additional update and support time for $250/year.
Requirements to run ACME News:
- Web server hardware:
- Running on your own machine, any CPU from the last couple years
will have sufficient horsepower.
- Running on an ISP, CPU usage may be an issue. Discuss it with
your ISP's technical staff.
- Disk space for conferences plus maybe 10KB per user.
- Web server OS:
- Preferred: FreeBSD 3.x
- Possible: most any Unix system, including Linux and Solaris.
- Web server software:
- Apache or thttpd, or
- A server that supports:
- CGI from .cgi files
- index.cgi as the default page for a directory
- Basic Authentication
If you're interested in how hard it is to get going, here are the
ACME News Admin <email@example.com>